St. Nicholas of Tolentine School
"A Place Where Students Flourish and Talents Flow"
Afterschool / Morning Care Program
EXTENDED DAY CARE INFORMATION
Administrator: Mariagnes Menden
Director: Ms. Mary Schmidt
A one time NON Refundable fee of $25 must be paid at registration for both before and after school care.
BEFORE SCHOOL: $5.00 for one child, $8.00 for two children, $12.00 for 3 children per day.
AFTER SCHOOL: $ 5.00 per hour for one child, $8.00 per hour for children, $ 12.00 per hour for 3 children from same family.
Payment MUST be made on the last day of the week, (usually Friday). It is the parent’s responsibility to see that payment is received on time.
There will be a $5.00 charge for late payments, and if the payment is continually late, it will result in the removal of the child from the program. Be sure to chick the MONTHLY SCHOOL CALENDAR for early dismissal day and free days. Payment is expected on the last day school is in session for the week. Please pay when you pick up your child/ren from Extended care. If your child/ren is/are absent on the last day of the week you may drop off payment at Extended care. Failure to get the payment in on the last day of the week will result in a late fee.
The program will begin in and continue through June, Monday to Friday. There is no after school care on the last day of school. The program is available every school day.
Before School Care Hours 6:00 a.m. – 7:45 a.m.
After School Care Hours 3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Both programs meet in rooms Fennessey Hall of school (lunchroom)
If a child is behaving in an inappropriate way or refuses to obey the supervisory staff, he/she will e dismissed from the program.
If Extended Care payments are not received in a timely manner, the child may be excluded from this program.
Medical and emergency information sheets are required for each child. The child cannot be in the program until the director has received this information.
The program administrator will be glad to answer any questions you might have relating to the Extended Day Care Program.
Before School Care
· Please bring your child to the west (Fennessey) doors, ring the bell and wait until your child is safely inside the building.
· Children are permitted to read, do homework or play quietly in the morning.
· Children are permitted to eat a breakfast snack or juice, which they brought from home. If a child has ordered breakfast they will be dismissed to Fennessy Hall at 7:30 a.m. to eat their breakfast.
PLEASE NOTE: EXTENDED CARE BEGINS AT 6:00 A.M. THERE IS NO ONE PRESENT TO SUPERVISE YOUR CHILD BEFORE 6:00 A.M.
After School Care
· The after school program is structured to allow time for a snack, homework, outside play, (weather permitting) indoor games, crafts, computer and periodically a G Rated video. If students wish to bring a game to afterschool car, prior permission must given by the director, No electronic games heard phones are permitted in school or this program.
· Students may bring change of clothes for after school as well as a snack.
AFTERSCHOOL CARE SCHEDULE
3:00 p.m. All grades to Fennessey Hall (lunchroom)
3:00 – 3:30 p.m. Snack Time
3:30 p.m. Group is givied (K- Grade 2) & (Grade 3-8) and as a group works on homework, or play outside/inside. Inside activities for those in grade K -2 will b in Fennessey Hall or the gym; those in grades 3-8 will be in Fennessey Hall or the gym
FOR THE SAFETY OF ALL STUDENTS:
· After school care children are dismissed from the west (Fennessey Hall) ONLY
· Fennessey doors will not be opened for pickup until 3:15 p.m.
· When picking up your child/ren, please rig the bell at the Fennessey door
· A child sent to after school care will be released to the care of those adults listed on the registration care ONLY
· If you know you will be late picking up your child, please call the school office BEFORE 2:30 p.m. (773-735-0772) or the extended care center AFTER 3:15 p.m. ( 773-735-3014)
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT IF A CHILD IS NOT PICKED UP BY 6 P.M. AN ADDITIONAL FEE OF $5 FOR THE FIRST 15 MINUTES AD $1 PER MINUTE THEREAFTER WILL BE CHARGED.
St. Nicholas of Tolentine School © 2013