Middle School Teachers:
• Mrs. Lynn Von Bruchhaeuser 6th Grade homeroom/ teaches– Language Arts
• Mr. Jeffrey Ramon 7th Grade homeroom/teaches – Religion and Science
• Mr. Billy Schauer 8th Grade homeroom/teaches – Math and Social Studies
There will be three 1 ½ hour blocks each day
The middle school language arts program is rich with literature and writing experiences. The curriculum follows the rigorous standards set forth by Common Core. The students read a variety of fiction and nonfiction from their textbook as well as current material from Scholastic's Scope Magazine. They write opinion pieces, fictional narratives, research papers, and personal narratives. Upon graduation, the middle school students are well-prepared for the challenges of high school.
The middle school science program at St. Nicholas of Tolentine has an ending goal to prepare students for the rigor of high school science. The middle school science program at St. Nick’s uses the Next Generation Science Standards. This revolutionary national movement is aimed to engage students by doing science in order to learn science. Science students at St. Nick’s learn valuable technical science practices such as planning and conducting investigation or making models. At the same time, science students learn how to do scientific research by collecting data, evaluating data, and finding conclusions from that data. By the end of 8th grade at St. Nick’s our goal is that every student has gathered the necessary tools to succeed in high school science.
The goal of the middle school religion program at St. Nicholas of Tolentine is to develop young ladies and gentlemen who are fueled by the Gospels. In their sixth grade year, students study our Catholic roots in Judaism by studying the Old Testament in the fall and the Gospel of Matthew in the spring. Seventh grade students study Catholic Church history in the fall and study Acts of the Apostles in the spring as they prepare for the amazing Sacrament of Confirmation. Eighth grade students study the Gospel of Luke in the fall and study Morality in the spring. By the end of their eight grade year, we graduate students that embody the spirit of Jesus Christ in all that they do.
Positive Behavioral Interventions
We focus on the things that you do well!
Class and Middle School Rewards
Middle School Rewards
2. Refection Cool Down (to be signed and returned by parent)
3. Silent Lunch (another Reflection Cool Down will be given)
5. Office Referral
• If a student receives 3 “Reflection Cool Downs” in one day, there will be an automatic Detention
• If a student receives 2 Detentions in a week, there will be an automatic Office Referral
• If there is a serious incident of disrespect, teachers still have the right to issue a detention
St. Nicholas of Tolentine School
"A Place Where Students Flourish and Talents Flow"
St. Nicholas of Tolentine School © 2013