All Are Welcome
Let us build a house where love can dwell
and all can safely live,
a place where saints and children tell
how hearts learn to forgive.
Built of hopes and dreams and visions,
rock of faith and vault of grace;
here the love of Christ shall end divisions.
All are welcome, all are welcome,
all are welcome in this place.
Above are the lyrics for the song “All Are Welcome,” a song that the students of St. Nicholas of Tolentine will often sing together during our weekly masses. However, this is not simply a song that we sing at mass and then forget about once we step out of the church doors. The principles and values that the song outlines are at the very heart of our mission and they are interwoven into how we approach each child’s education.
At St. Nicholas of Tolentine, we recognize the wonderful uniqueness that makes each of our students exceptional. We embrace the idea that there are students with different needs and therefore we believe in a Multi-Tier System of Support (MTSS) approach. This belief has resulted in the establishment of an “MTSS Team” which is headed by our Director of Inclusive Education, Lauren Ward Sebastian. The responsibilities of the team include, but are not limited to:
- Working with families to ensure their child receives the most supportive education possible
- Providing an organized system for referring a student for a formal evaluation
- Working with staff to implement interventions, accommodations, and modifications in the classroom
- Tracking evaluation and re-evaluation dates for new and existing Individual Education Plans (IEPs)
- Communicating with faculty over new initiatives for MTSS
In addition to the MTSS Team, St. Nicholas of Tolentine is proud to offer a number of other services:
- ABA (Applied Behavioral Analysis) Therapy
- Counseling and Diagnostic Assessments
- Learning Behavior Specialists
- Speech Pathology
- Title I
If you would like further details or have any other questions, please contact Lauren Ward Sebastian at email@example.com.